Friday, June 29, 2007

Behind the Quest: Billy Maclure ( Part 2: Pork Pie Peril )

We last left at the end of my quest. I now had a new pair of gloves, and a bothersome question. How did a young boy like Billy Maclure know so much about Gold Tooth? I needed to know and only one person had the answers. . .Billy.

After a short rest from my weary quest I made haste back to the Maclure Vineyard. I was on a new quest now, one of mystery and intrigue. One who's only reward was. . .THE TRUTH! As I approached the Vineyard I noticed Billy talking to a brave young warrior. This instantly drew my curiosity so I tiptoed through the bushes just within earshot. What I heard next was unforgettable.
The warrior was inquiring as to the whereabouts of Auntie Bernice's necklace! "WTF!", I thought to my self. How could this be? I had just returned it to here not 10 minutes before coming over here. I waited for Billy's response. . .

"I was playing near the Fargodeep Mine, and I think I dropped, er...I mean I saw, the old lady's necklace. Don't ask me how it got there...it wasn't me!" It sounded all too familiar. After the warrior left Billy turned and went into the Macllure barn, I followed. Inside I saw pork pie upon pork pie, Stacked and counted. I could hear whispers from the back of the barn. One voice was Billy's and the other sounded strangely familiar, howver, I could not place it. The conversation went as follows:

[Billy]: Is everything in order?

[Voice]: Yes, everything is going according to plan.

[Billy]: Good, soon we shall have enough pork pies and all of Goldshire will tremble!

[Voice]: Yes, these fools, along with that stupid widow, will farm us enough pork pies to start our pork pie business. With it we will have enough gold to buy Goldshire itself!

[Billy]: Mwa ha ha ha! ROTFL!

I heard footsteps coming my way so I ran out of the barn and took cover behind a nearby wagon. When I peered back out I saw him. GOLD TOOTH! Him and Billy have been in cahoots this whole time! I don't know the entire plan, but I did know enough! I gathered my self then attempted to sneak away, but I was spotted. I ran as fast as I could toward Goldshire but the Gold Tooth was unrelenting. I didn't know what to do. As I approached the small ridge outside Goldshire, just past the mines, I tripped over an old fallen tree trunk. It seemed like the end. With Gold Tooth fast approaching I did the only thing I could. I grabbed a nearby forest spider and hurled it as hard as I could. Luckily for me, it hit Gold Tooth square in the face. I stood back up and bolted for town.

I made it. I was out of breath and covered in sweat. I had no evidence of my findings and knew no one would believe me. The best I could do was take shelter at the in and record my story. Hopefully someone will read it. Maybe they'll think twice before gathering Pork Belly Pies for Billy Maclure.

This is Dave Davidson signing out.

Only the strong will level!


World of Newscraft
worldofnewscraft.blogspot.com

No comments:

World of Newscraft